FREE YOURSELF with the next best thing to running barefoot: The NIKE FREE RUN+ 2
The shoe that started the barefoot running movement is back with a brand new upper design for even more support an comfort.
The design of the super light and breathable upper is inspired by the anatomy of the foot, in which seemingly delicate bones, ligaments, tendons, and muscles are interconnected in a remarkable lattice work that enables the foot to support an enormous amount of impact and pressure. Similarly, the multi-layered upper design of Nike Free Run+ 2 features minimal overlays that allow for a much wider range of motion than would be possible in a conventional running shoe, yet those layers are also sufficiently robust to provide the support runners need.
The Nike Free Run+ 2 takes natural motion technology and gives your foot the freedom to move. Originally designed as a training aid and giving a barefoot like running experience, the unique design promotes freedom, increases flexibility and strengthens the foot.
Perfect for warm up or warm down after racing or training Nike Free Runs are so Free that your foot will take time to adjust but as strength increases the unique feel of running in Frees feels like nothing else......
Designed with a full bootie, the Nike Free Run+ gives you a customized fit and barefoot-like feel during your run. The lightweight mesh upper features a seamless forefoot for exceptional comfort. Sipes along the top of the midsole encourage toes to flex and grip naturally while engaging muscles normally neglected in traditional footwear.
To get your feet even more engaged during your run, the Nike Free Run+ 2 Running Shoes have deep flex grooves that enhance the foot's flexibility and stability. If you're ready for the benefits of barefoot training but require a running shoe with a plusher feel than others in the Nike Free line, don't overlook this shoe's heel design - a new addition to the series - which delivers a cushioning experience that won't compromise your flexibility.
- Full innersleeve construction provides a dynamic sock-like fit that hugs the foot but still allows for easy on and off.
- Innovative upper construction bonds narrow strips of an incredibly thin and strong material directly to the mesh in key support zones. It’s reinforced by a stronger material to boost support and durability where they’re essential while eliminating material where they aren’t.
- Asymmetrical lacing system helps to reduce pressure over the top ridge of the foot for enhanced comfort.
- Ultra-high resolution siping pattern for an incredibly smooth naturally neutral ride.
- Phylite midsole provides a resilient ride and enough durability to double as an outsole dramatically reducing the overall weight.
- Molded sockliner mimics the curvature of the foot for a great fit enhanced comfort and added support.
- Center-of-pressure heel design cushions on contact without compromising flexibility and transition.
- Abrasion-resistant BRS 1000 carbon rubber under the highest wear regions of the shoe for enhanced durability.
- Waffle pistons in the outsole work in conjunction with the Phylite midsole by helping to absorb impact and then springing back to the original shape for added responsiveness.
- Strategically placed segments of solid rubber enhance traction and durability in key-wear zones.